If you TRY, you can do anything!
As an ESL tutor, I specialize in teaching Basic & Advanced English, Phonetics, Vocabulary-building, and Pronunciation (accent reduction) to students and professionals. My methods include a customized audio/video program to provide students with multi-media feedback of their progress. I have spent a considerable amount of time teaching American accent and intonation. Learn to speak like a native with relaxed conversation lessons regarding everyday situations which will boost you confidence and fluency in English.
It’s always been my belief that you cannot put information in other people's heads. If you find a way to show them something, they can use their own intelligence to learn. This is my approach to teaching, trying to be both informative while allowing the students to find their own way of learning. I’ve spent the last 8 years teaching in various capacities.
I live in the US now, Denver, Colorado. I absolutely love it here. The people, atmosphere, proximity to the Rocky Mountains & surprises that the Mile High City offers to all who have their hearts open for adventure and fun:) I am available for skype-based class Monday to Sunday 5.30 to 11.30 pm Moscow time (with the time difference being 9 hours between Moscow and Denver at this time of year).
For me, learning a language goes far beyond doing grammar exercises and reading lists of words. To learn English successfully, you will also need to develop your communication skills. That is why in my lessons I also share insight and knowledge about becoming a successful communicator.
And, yes, I know English can be difficult; but it is also a very beautiful language, and it can give you a lot of pleasure. It can also take you to places you’ve always wanted to go, such as to cities far away, or even just a few floors up, in the management offices of your company. English is a tool; learn to use it properly, and the whole world can become your playground.
I hope you find my lessons fun, and valuable to helping you on your journey of English learning.
It is a privilege to teach and I am thankful for all of my students over the years who have shared their stories, interests, and dreams with me.
Learning English online:
My skype-based course gives you the opportunity to quickly learn or improve English online. You will be able to learn from home or from anywhere you want, at any time you prefer. I create personalised programmes that suit your needs best. You will progress fast and enjoy your lessons at the same time!
Learn English from wherever you are:
Learn English from the comfort of your own home, during lunchbreaks in your office or even while waiting at the airport. Save precious time getting to and from class. Through our online classroom you will be able not only to hear, but see me as well.
Practice English by speaking:
Actively practicing English is much more effective than studying just from books. By talking to a private teacher you will be able to quickly improve your pronunciation and fluency.You will see your level of confidence rising fast which will benefit your ability to communicate in English.
Here are three aspects of English language training I offer:
About American Accent.
Suggested General English courses
Suggested Business English courses
- General English conversation for everyday situations. — Learn to speak like a native with relaxed conversation lessons regarding everyday situations which will boost you confidence, vocabulary and fluency in English.
- General English conversation with emphasis on grammar and pronunciation. — Mix grammar exercises with real life situation, the fun and effective way to really improve your grammar and pronunciation.
- English in the news — Talk about the issues that matter with up to date discussion regarding current affaires around the world. A great way to keep up to date with your vocabulary and discuss real life situations.
- General English conversation for teens. — Extra practice can go a long way, one to one lessons with a professional teacher can dramatically help to build grades and provide a real advantage when it comes to the exams.
Exam English courses
- Job interview preparation. — Practice for that important interview, discussing your C.V, experiences, qualifications and allow you to answer job interview questions with fluency and confidence.
- Business English for everyday situations. — Practice business English for common situations such as emailing, writing business letters, taking part in meetings, presentations and business telephone calls.
- Business English with emphasis on grammar and pronunciation. Mix grammar exercises with business situations allowing you improve your grammar accuracy while improving business vocabulary.
- Business English for specific situations. We can focus business English on any job, for example, marketing, sales, accounting, law English, I.T English, engineering and many more.
- Business English for exams, I help students achieve business related exams that will provide a boost for your career, such at BEC, IELTS or TOEFL.
- ELTS — The International English Testing System, is a standardised test of English language proficiency. IELTS is one of the world's most popular language test for English students wanting to live, study and work abroad.
- TOEFL — Test of English as a Foreign Language, over 8,500 colleges, universities and agencies in over 130 countries use TOEFL to make their admission decisions.
- TOEIC — Test of English for International Communication — Questions are based on real work situations within an international setting, building a strong foundation for those wishing to work abroad.
- CAE — Cambridge Advanced English — is used by over 3000 work institutions around the world as a reliable and trusted assessment of professional English.
- FCE — First Certificate English — is the most popular English test taken by 1000's of students each year. It proves you can use everyday spoken and written English to an upper intermediate level for both work and study.
- PET — Preliminary English Test — demonstrates an intermediate level of English.
- BEC — Cambridge Business Certificates — provide practical skills for the business environment, helping people succeed in an international work place. Exams are divided into 3 levels, Preliminary, Vantage and Higher.
Pronunciation of Vowels and Consonants.
Your lips, teeth, tongue, cheeks, nasal cavity, throat, breath, and yes, even over all body posture, work together to create an incredible array of sounds. When we’re learning a new accent, we have to train our muscles to work in different ways to produce sounds they’re not used to making, much like we do when learning a new sport.
We also have to train our ears to recognize the differences in the sounds we’re making versus that of a native speaker, so we can learn to mimic those sounds.
The phonetics of an accent are often a good place to start, but they’re only one aspect of speech. Many accent books start and end with phonetics, but they can be helpful in showing how to differentiate between sounds that look the same on the page.
2. Rhythm and Stress.
The general cadence of speech, and patterns of choosing which words are emphasized.
In North American English, for example, we tend to emphasize the nouns and verbs that are the most important for the listener to understand. We have a way of grouping words by using emphasis that ends up sounding like jazz, or basket ball. It’s Music! Learn more here…
Geography often influences our speech patterns as well. An example is the tendency to slow the speech in warmer climates. Even time periods have characteristic accents and pacing. With globalization, however, we find more and more people who have a “neutral or standard” accent in metropolises all over the US, for example.
The song of emotional meaning.
We use recognizable melodic patterns to carry meaning, such as a rise or drop in pitch to indicate a question. More than that, they carry a common Song of a collective entity (country/area) and can convey emotion through the vowel notes.
Some melodic intervals are so particular that if you’re half-a-step off, you’re in another country.
4. Grammar and Word Choice.
The structural bones of a language.
Foreign languages structure their grammar very differently than we do in English. As a result, grammar can be miss-matched unintentionally.
Study of the actual Language of the accent you’re learning is essential. It will teach you how they’re used to structuring grammar in their native tongue.
Education is also a factor, as there is a wide variance in rules and methods taught in schools.
Slang/Jargon/Colloquialisms: Language is always evolving. It’s alive! Different cultures and sub-cultures develop their own internal short-hand to convey complex concepts with a shared meaning. For example, “I messaged him.” We used to say “I sent him a message”, but since “I messaged him” is shorter, we simply transformed “message” from a noun into a verb.
In fact, in many circles, if you say, “I sent him a message”, others will assume you must have used an archaic form of communication, rather than any of the numerous applications that send Instant Messages. If you had sent an instant message, they reason, you would have used the simple verb “messaged.”
5. The Vibe.
To Express it, you have to FEEL IT!
Your accent is a characteristic of your Voice, which is entirely linked to your identity and your being. Speech is an expression of who you think you are, who you want others to think you are, what you’re feeling, what you want… The same is true of everyone.
If you want to truly embody a different expression of energy (a different “accent”), you have to Believe you Are that energy. This will transform the way you hold and move your body and mouth, therefore changing the sound you produce.
*hint: it’s FUN!
An excerpt from the BBC news report, narrated in American English accent
An excerpt from the BBC news report, narrated in British English accent
'United in variety' EF city wide event, Moscow, Biblioglobus.
English First, Moscow, teaching a HF group. EF Education is the largest private education company that specializes in language training, educational tours and cultural exchange.
English First, Moscow, Wild West themed party, reliving the violent era with adrenaline-fueled action and fast-paced gunfights:)
New Orleans, Louisiana, the US, is one of the world's most fascinating cities. Steeped in a history of influences from Europe, the Caribbean, Africa and beyond, it's home to a truly unique melting pot of culture, food and music.
|Документы об образовании|
Диплом Набережночелнинского государственного педагогического института, с отличием
Сертификат EF International Language Centers
Сертификат TKT, Module 1
Сертификат TKT, Module 2
Сертификат TKT, Module 3